KINGSVILLE, Texas — Trustees for Kingsville ISD held a second board meeting to find the replacements for five principals who lost their jobs after the Kingsville ISD received an "F" report card rating from the Texas Education Agency.
In the past few years, the schools have received "Improvement Required" on the Texas Education Agency accountability ratings.
3News was informed that none of the principals were fired, they either retired, stepped down, or resigned for other opportunities.
According to board members, Superintendent Elida Bera is taking Kingsville in a new direction with this initiative and that change is not easy but sometimes necessary.
The new principals include:
- Ode Moreno - Kleberg Elementary School
- Abigayle Darton - Harvey Elementary School
- Dr. John Albert Trevino - Harrel Elementary School
- Delinda Gamez - Gillett Intermediate School
- Mahogany Daniels - H.M. King High School
Daniels is the first African American woman to be named principal for H.M. King High School.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: