CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Campers began showing up at Labonte Park Friday to prepare for their Easter weekend festivities.
Labonte Park is a popular place for families to celebrate Easter weekend and spots filled up quickly. Normally, there are 101 sites available for families, but because of COVID-19, that number has been reduced to 62, officials said.
Of course, there are some rules in place for you to keep in mind if you partake in Easter weekend festivities at Labonte Park:
- Park Curfew: 10pm – 6am
- Camping allowed by PERMIT ONLY, permit must be displayed at campsite.
- RV campsites 1-15 are 50 feet wide and allow one RV per campsite.
- Two (2) campsite vehicle parking permits will be issued with each campsite packet at the time of check-in. Distribution of campsite vehicle parking permits will be the responsibility of the customer. Vehicles without a campsite vehicle parking permit will not be allowed entry. Campsite parking permits must be visible through the front windshield of the vehicle.
- Non-campsite vehicle parking permits-- Parking permits will not be available for purchase on site. One additional 3-day weekend non-campsite parking permit will be available for purchase online for $6.00 with the rental.
- Parking for non-campsite vehicles will be in a designated area at the north end of the park. No vehicles will be allowed entry into the park without either a campsite or non-campsite parking permit. Non-campsite parking permit must be visible through the front windshield of the vehicle.
- NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY--Children must be supervised at ALL times.
- Dogs must be on leash & owners must pick up pet wastes.
- The following are not permitted:
Motorized vehicles (ATV, go-carts, motor-bikes or scooters)
Fireworks or camp fires
Mowing within the park and/or vegetation along the bank of the Nueces River
- There is NO ELECTRICITY OR WATER available at campsites.
- There will be limited number of portable toilets made available for public use.
- Customer is responsible for cleaning the reserved campsite area after use and disposing of all trash in receptacles.
- CHECK OUT BY SUNDAY, APRIL 4, 2021
· City of Corpus Christi is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
· Cancellations will only be accepted from the person who made the reservation.
· Cancellations shall be refunded if the reservation is canceled at least two (2) weeks before the
date of the arrival.
· There are no refunds for bad weather. You are allowed to reschedule due to bad weather within
30 days of the original date for any available date within the next 12 months.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: