CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The 31st annual Kid Fish event was a huge success at lake Corpus Christi.
The history of kid-fish goes a long way with the park as kids from the ages 5 to 12 were able to fish for stocked rainbow trout for one hour.
Participants were given a free rod along with bait and tackle. All the outdoor educational recreation was a part of the Texas State Parks 100th celebration.
Park interpreter, Josie Gunter told 3NEWS how these events go a long way towards educating kids on outdoor fun.
Gunter said, "With recreation there's a lot of things to know. It can be kind of intimidating like getting started what kind of equipment do I need." She added. "Putting on these events encourages people to come out, it helps them get education on these types of things."
Despite foggy and damp weather, the event was a triumph.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Conservative leader sues to remove Mark Gonzalez as Nueces County District Attorney
- TAMU-CC Family Nurse Practitioner program ranked No. 1 in the nation
- For visually impaired children, beeping eggs can help bring inclusiveness to Easter tradition
- Restoring the Ritz Theatre to its 1929 charm
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email email@example.com, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.