INGLESIDE, Texas — The Ingleside Police Department is asking for the public's help after a large fight involving dozens of kids Wednesday night. Officers said during the fight, shots were fired, a patrol car was almost hit by another car, and that car ended up dragging an officer while trying to get away, Ingleside officers said.
The fight happened in the area of N.O. Simmons Park Wednesday night just before midnight, police said, and investigators are asking if anyone who lives in the area has residential footage to share.
Officers said they were called to the large fight involving 20-25 kids near the basketball courts at the park. A gun was apparently fired during the fight, police said.
Police also said that one of the kids used a car to try and hit an officers patrol car. The officer was dragged by the car while the kid was trying to get away.
Police say they know some of the identities and have some license plates of those involved, but they need the public's help.
"If you have any security video from your residence that depicts ANY vehicle or persons in the area, please e-mail the video to email@example.com," a statement from Ingleside PD said.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- AMBER/CLEAR ALERT: Corpus Christi mother, daughter still missing after being kidnapped Tuesday, police said
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.