CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — If you have a motorcycle and want to help support Corpus Christi police, there is an event this weekend just for you.
Corpus Christi Harley-Davidson will host a legacy ride Saturday morning in honor of fallen Corpus Christi Police Department Officer Alan McCollum.
McCollum died in the line-of-duty when he was hit by a drunk driver while conducting a traffic stop. His partner, Officer Michael Love, was seriously injured in the accident.
Registration for the legacy ride will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Municipal Court parking lot.
The cost is $10 per bike and $5 per passenger, with all proceeds going to the Corpus Christi Police Foundation.
For more information, check out the CCH-D Facebook page here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Family begs for justice after father is killed in hit-and-run
- Corpus Christi firefighter turns self in to police after accusations of indecency with a child
- Health district split delayed, County Commissioners agree to 30 day extension
- Beeville resident brings the heat after competing on 'Forged in Fire' reality show
- Testing wastewater for COVID-19 can be an effective early detection tool, but Corpus Christi isn't doing it
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.