Rylan Freeman caught the first career homerun ball by former Hooks player J.J. Matijevic. Matijevic was part of the Hooks organization just a couple of years ago and is now on the big stage at Minute Maid Park.
Freeman scored himself a grand slam from this catch with six Astros tickets, six batting practices and a signed baseball by Jose Altuve. The even threw in a Justin Verlander jersey after some continued negotiations.
Congratulations to Rylan Freeman!
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Nueces Co. Public Defender's Office to open next year
- Attorney says motions to dismiss Tejeda murder case will be filed
- First 2022 sea turtle hatchling release scheduled for Saturday on Padre Island National Seashore
- Will electric vehicles cause strain on the Texas power grid? Transportation experts say no
- Nonprofit helps serve the community amidst tampon shortages
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.