CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Drivers are being asked to avoid the 4900 block of Everhart Road as a major accident involving down power lines caused a road shut down.
Northbound and southbound traffic on Everhart Road between Mount Vernon Drive and McArdle Road will be shut down for several hours.
The Corpus Christi Police Department are asking drivers to avoid the area and find an alternate route as AEP is on scene.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3NEWS for updates.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Jose 'JJ' Falcon dies of bone cancer
- Funeral services announced for last Coastal Bend Pearl Harbor survivor Capt. Robert 'Bob' Batterson
- Body of missing pastor Phillip Loveday found in truck
- Corpus Christi cyclists say they were assaulted by aggressive drivers during group ride
- Mathis resident claims $1 million Powerball prize
- Here's what that strange 'cloud' was in the night sky in South Texas
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email email@example.com so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.