CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A man in his 20s was shot and killed this morning, according to officials with the Corpus Christi Police Department.
Police were called to the 900 block of Campbell just after 6:30 a.m. for reports of shots heard in the area. When officers arrived, they found a vehicle with bullet holes and the victim inside the SUV.
The man was rushed to the hospital where he died from his injuries, officials said.
There is no word on what may have led to the shooting or who is responsible. Detectives are actively investigating the homicide.
If anyone has any information on this shooting, call police at 361-886-2600 or contact Crime Stoppers at 888-TIPS.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Family begs for justice after father is killed in hit-and-run
- Corpus Christi firefighter turns self in to police after accusations of indecency with a child
- Health district split delayed, County Commissioners agree to 30 day extension
- Beeville resident brings the heat after competing on 'Forged in Fire' reality show
- Testing wastewater for COVID-19 can be an effective early detection tool, but Corpus Christi isn't doing it
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.