CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A man wanted out of Aransas Pass on child sex charges was caught by US Marshals in Louisiana Monday morning.
Lamonte Morris, 38, who had been on the run since June, was found in Orleans Parish in Louisiana and charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child, officials with the Aransas Pass Police Department said.
Aransas Pass detectives said Morris had a private security license and a job that allowed him access to underage children. Officials worry there may be more victims.
If you have any information on Morris, contact Detective Troy Poe with the Aransas Pass Police Department at 361–758–5224.
If you would like to remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers by calling (800)245-TIPS (8477) or visiting https://www.p3tips.com/437.
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Flounder fishing temporarily suspended as of Nov. 1
- NAACP urges free agent athletes to avoid signing with Texas teams
- Nueces County sees low early voting turnout
- Texas State Aquarium begins national search for new CEO
- Why it's more important than ever to get the flu shot this year
- Grab the family! CC Movie Nights at Whataburger Field is back