CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Power has been restored to most of Padre Island after a major outage affected thousands of customers Thursday morning.
More than 2,000 customers were without power just after 9 a.m. after a construction-related accident.
AEP-Texas spokesman Omar Lopez issued this statement to 3NEWS:
A public construction vehicle knocked down a power line this morning causing an outage currently affecting approximately 2,500 customers. Crews are at the scene making repairs now.
Please remember to stay at least ten feet away from any downed power line. Any downed power line should be considered energized and dangerous.
Thank you for your patience as we work to restore electric service on the Island.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3NEWS for updates.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Padre Balli Park sees low reservations due to ongoing dispute
- Packery Channel repair costs climb by $2.6M due to additional erosion
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
- Health district asks residents to report at-home COVID test results
- Nueces County traffic stop turns into largest liquid fentanyl drug bust in US history
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.