CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A Corpus Christi mother is thanking Starbucks employees for looking out for her daughter while she was in the store.
Brandy Roberson posted to Facebook that her high school aged daughter was alone in Starbucks on Staples St. and S. Padre Island Dr. when a man approached her.
"She was sitting at her table alone studying and this man came by and noticed what she was studying and wanted to talk to her about it," Roberson said. "He, I think, just kind of became really loud and animated about it," Roberson said.
A barista handed her “an extra hot chocolate someone forgot to pick up,” with a note on the cup that said "Are you okay? Do you want us to intervene? If you do, take the lid off the cup."
The post now has more than 56,000 times on Facebook.
"How grateful I am for people who look out for other people!" Roberson said in the post.
Roberson said her daughter did feel safe and did not remove the lid, and was sure to let the baristas know.
The mother said she is so grateful for everyone at the store who helped look after her daughter and made her feel safe.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Black TAMU-CC graduate who started a business at 24 hopes to inspire others
- Residents urged to keep close eye on pets following increase in coyote sightings on Padre Island
- DOJ: Corpus Christi man sentenced to federal prison for using Instagram to target children for sex
- Infant dies after devastating train on truck collision
- Good Samaritans rescued a man that was thrown from his boat. The unmanned boat then kept going.
- The Cheesecake Factory set to arrive at La Palmera Mall by the coming winter