CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As many prepare for the Fourth of July weekend, Corpus Christi leaders are requesting that the public does not call 911 to report people illegally popping off fireworks.
Call the city's non-emergency line at (361) 886-2600.
If you are cited for fireworks within city limits, you could being fined up to $2,000 per opened package.
Last year, there were nearly 30 firework citations handed out over the holiday weekend. This past New Year's Eve, there were 50 citations.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi PD: Officer shoots man during struggle after alleged catalytic converter theft attempt
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- No fireworks allowed, but you might see some light shows courtesy of bioluminescence at Padre Island National Seashore
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.