CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A member of the Corpus Christi Police Department received an emotional send off Friday after serving four years.
Officer Michael Love retired from the police force.
He listened in as many of his colleagues said goodbye and wished him well over the police radio system.
On January 31, 2020, Officer Love was seriously injured and his partner Alan McCollum was killed after they were hit by an accused drunk driver. The officers were conducting a traffic stop on Highway 358 at the time.
Love began his career in 2017, and served as a patrol officer assigned to the uniform division.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Illuminating the city for 10 years, Harbor Bridge lights turn off permanently
- Fish cleaner finds dolphin, turtle inside a shark in Port Aransas
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.