CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As severe weather swept across the Coastal Bend, many have experienced power outages.
Over 30 thousand outages have been reported, some areas flooded, and many events cancelled. Water covered several streets and roadways even though the water is in the process of receding.
A-E-P reported over 33 thousand people without power. Crews are working to restore all outages right now.
Students at TAMUCC experienced some of those outages. TAMU-CC beach volleyball and women's tennis tournament has been rained out and postponed to a later date.
The University reported that their power had been restored but the library, university center, and the Dugan Wellness Center will be closed for the rest of the day.
All campus locations are expected to be open Monday, April 24 with regular hours.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- New technology helps police find, arrest man considered a 'public threat'
- Padre Island residents want reasoning for high appraisal values
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
- Craigslist car scam puts Corpus Christi family out 20K; investigation showed car was also stolen
- More than 80 people cited, 13 arrested in Prime Time gameroom bust
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email email@example.com so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.