CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Nueces County Medical Examiners have identified the man who was hit by several cars on South Padre Island Drive Wednesday morning.
25-year-old Caleb Pacheco was killed after trying to cross Highway 358 westbound near the Greenwood exit.
The call came in just after 5 a.m. Officers arrived and found Pacheco dead on the road.
"Preliminary investigation reveals that the person was struck several times. It's real dark, so people going to work or going home, its really hard to see what's on the roadway," Corpus Christi Police Officer Garcia said.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.