CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Poppy Wall of Honor was installed on board the USS Lexington.
The interactive wall allows visitors a chance to learn the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, and pay tribute to the more than 600,000 military service members who have died in combat since World War I.
The red poppy flower is an international symbol of remembrance.
The exhibit, which is sponsored by San-Antonio based insurance company USAA, is temporary so you only have until June 7 to check it out.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Sean Strawbridge resigns as Port of Corpus Christi CEO
- Valero officials: No 'offsite concerns' nor injuries reported during refinery fire
- Anglers reel in massive 14-foot shark on Padre Island
- Trestle Trail, if approved, will connect the city's Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve, Flour Bluff
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email email@example.com so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.