REFUGIO, Texas — With recent surges in COVID-19 school districts across the Coastal Bend have been adjusting accordingly.
Refugio Independent School District announced through a social media post that campuses will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 12-18. Currently the district has 40 positive cases among students and staff, with 84 being quarantined.
The district was able to foresee this and added additional days to the academic calendar in anticipation of the closure.
According to the social media post all Refugio ISD facilities will be closed as staff work to sanitize the area.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Nueces County Junior Livestock Show crowns new queen
- New gun laws set to place tighter regulations on how firearms are stored
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Images obtained from Woodsboro hate crime video give details into what happened
- CCISD reports low attendance rates, COVID-19 to blame
- 3 cases COVID-19 omicron variant confirmed in Nueces County
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.