CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi emergency crews responded to reports of a fire at a store in the Petronila area early Monday morning.
Photos from the scene show fire crews and law enforcement at Cruiser's Country Store on FM 665 which is co-owned by Nueces County District Attorney Mark Gonzalez.
Joe Cruz, who is one of the store's owners, told 3NEWS that fire officials said the fire was most likely electrical in nature. Workers said they heard an explosion and called 911 after evacuating the building safely, Cruz said.
The store will be closed for up to a week due to water and smoke damage, Cruz said.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3NEWS for updates.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- City to create traffic light inspection program after pole falls at Everhart, Alameda
- Restoring the Ritz Theatre to its 1929 charm
- Packery Channel repair costs climb by $2.6M due to additional erosion
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
- Health district asks residents to report at-home COVID test results
- Nueces County traffic stop turns into largest liquid fentanyl drug bust in US history
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.