ROCKPORT, Texas — A well known first responder in Rockport died Tuesday morning after a car accident on Highway 35 Bypass near 16th Street.
According to investigators, 41-year-old Keith Hammes was a paramedic working in Rockport for over 20-years and died when the car he was driving rolled over.
The force of the accident sent Hammes' car into a nearby ditch.
Investigators are currently working to determine the cause of the accident.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Deputies: 14-year-old confesses to killing 5 family members
- Corpus Christi man still missing after two weeks
- Funeral services set for DPS trooper killed in the line of duty
- Odessa Chick-fil-A locations come together to help First Responders
- Alice resident recovering from Odessa shooting, listed in serious condition