CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Ronald McDonald House Charities got some big financial help thanks to a Saint Patrick's Day favorite.
McDonald's presented the non-profit with $8,000.
The money was raised during the restaurants annual shamrock shake special. The treat is part of the restaurant's Saint Patrick's Day celebration.
Michelle Horne, Executive Director with Ronald McDonald House, said the money will go towards their mission of offering a home away from home for patients at Driscoll Children's Hospital.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Local protesters gather near Federal Courthouse to make their voices heard
- Corpus Christi sees a surge in catalytic convertor theft from vehicles
- Brooks County sees high case of migrant deaths as result of intense heat conditions, 48 bodies recovered so far
- 14 migrants rescued from train car near Robstown, officials say
- Environmental concerns addressed over Bob Hall Pier demolition during sea turtle nesting season
- COVID-19 vaccinations now available for kids as young as 6 months. Here's what parents need to know
- Will electric vehicles cause strain on the Texas power grid? Transportation experts say no
- Need to beat the heat? Here is a list of cooling centers in Corpus Christi
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.