CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Friday evening, a call came in around 7:30 p.m. in relation to shots being fired. Law enforcement was then dispatched to a residence on Sodville St., according to San Patricio County Sheriff Oscar Rivera.
Upon arrival, officers found 48-year-old Michael Lee Doria with gunshot wounds. EMS was called out to perform "life saving measures", but Lt. Daniel Alcala with Sinton PD said Doria was pronounced dead on the scene.
55-year-old Richard Gonzales has been apprehended and is now in custody at the San Patricio County Jail. Rivera said he has been charged with murder and tampering with evidence, and his bond was set at $1,000,000 and $75,000, respectively.
Authorities said it is unclear if Doria and Gonzales knew each other.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back here for updates and follow 3NEWS as more information becomes available.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Chairs will be reserved at Ray High School graduation for students killed in crash
- Ocean Drive revived: City to celebrate completion of Ocean Drive Rehabilitation Project
- Hurricane Season: Check your insurance coverage before storms threaten
- Corpus Christi NAACP holds prayer vigil to honor lives lost in Uvalde, Buffalo
- Sinton florist delivers flower arrangements for victims of Uvalde school shooting
- Corpus Christi veterans remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice
- Uvalde victim had her heart set on attending Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. They're now setting up a scholarship in her name.
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.