CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The smell of smoke coming from a classroom caused Carroll High School administrators to evacuate students Wednesday morning and call the Corpus Christi Fire Department.

CCFD received the call around 10:45 a.m. When they arrived they were directed to a classroom where the smell of smoke was coming from and located its source in the heating and ventilation unit.

Firefighters said there was an electrical problem with the motor and that caused it to produce the smoke.

Students were allowed back on campus by 11:30 a.m.