CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Over 200-proud islanders from TAMU-CC student volunteer connection helped clean up all areas of the campus bright and early.
The clean up kicked off to the school's homecoming and is held once in the fall and once leading into spring.
The student's clean up efforts go a long way, some cleaned up trails near the school, while others covered near-by beaches, and of course the parking lots.
3NEWS spoke with Chase Hilderbrand who is a senior at the island university. Hilderbrand explained how the clean up is a way for them to take even more pride in their school.
"Just leaving it better than you saw it, if you see trash throw it away. There are trashcans all throughout campus, so there's no excuse to just leave. We just want to take pride in our university and campus by leaving it better than it was." Hilderbrand said.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- CC artists' Sh-Sh-Sh-Sh song can't be silenced as viral hit gets national attention
- South Texas teacher arrested on 5 felony counts for alleged improper relationship with student
- Desalination plant coming to Alice in 2024
- Here's a timeline of recent water-main breaks
- Flour Bluff ISD now also offers dinner to its community, students
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email email@example.com, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.