CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — On Monday, fans of Betty White will be poised to donate to animal welfare charities and shelters as part of what's been dubbed the #BettyWhiteChallenge.
And animal welfare nonprofits are gearing up to capitalize on the viral tribute to the star of “The Golden Girls” and “Hot in Cleveland” on what would have been her 100th birthday.
Here are a few local places you can donate in support of the #BettyWhiteChallenge.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit, no-kill animal shelter that houses and cares for hundreds of adoptable dogs and cats.
There’s no place like home. Home To Home keeps animals out of shelters through direct home placement.
Their mission is to promote responsible pet ownership, improve the lives of pets in our community, and reduce the number of unwanted and stray animals entering our shelters.
The Aquarium’s goal is to increase capacity for wildlife rescue and response, facilitate learning for veterinary medical students and veterinary technologists, and foster a better understanding for the public regarding what each of us can do to help protect wildlife.
AFPA is a foster based rescue and depends on donations to save countless lives. Every dollar is lifesaving. No one takes a salary....we are all volunteers.
If you know of any non-profit animal organizations to add to the list, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Family begs for justice after father is killed in hit-and-run
- Corpus Christi firefighter turns self in to police after accusations of indecency with a child
- Health district split delayed, County Commissioners agree to 30 day extension
- Beeville resident brings the heat after competing on 'Forged in Fire' reality show
- Testing wastewater for COVID-19 can be an effective early detection tool, but Corpus Christi isn't doing it
- 'Extreme risk': Nueces County COVID-19 threat level at red
- Where to get a free COVID-19 test in Nueces County