Corpus Christi Police received a phone call around 2 p.m. that a suspect with a weapon was walking in the backfield near the athletic facility next to two Flour Bluff campuses.
The suspect was walking from the area of Sands Drive between houses and the stadium, according to an email from Kristen Bily, Executive Director of Communications for Flour Bluff Independent School District.
Flour Bluff ISD police responded and and apprehended the suspect. The department then turned the suspect over to the Corpus Christi Police Department.
Upon further investigation, the suspect was found to have no other weapons other than two pocket knives, according to Bily.
The suspect was taken into custody by CCPD and charged with trespassing. According to Billy, the suspect had previously received a no trespassing order from FBISD in 2013.
FBISD PD altered administrators who were at the field. At the time of the incident no students or staff were in any danger, or near the facilities.
According to Bily, FBISD PD searched the area and no weapons were found.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Woman with ties to Corpus Christi thought to be missing was actually evading arrest, tracked to South America
- 'Irreplaceable leader': Corpus Christi teen died of heat stroke playing football
- Trade Center navigating solutions to reopen after electrical issues
- Beto O'Rourke missed South Texas events due to bacterial infection, he says
- Why the new health district was not first to inform the public about monkeypox
- 3NEWS team rescues kitten from engine compartment of company car
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.