CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Drivers headed toward Portland or Downtown Corpus Christi may want to give themselves extra time to get where they're going.
A one-car traffic accident has reduced the northbound lanes of US Hwy. 181, backing up traffic to I-37 and the Crosstown Expressway, near Comanche.
Corpus Christi Police Department Public Information Sr. Ofc. Gena Pena said the accident happened at about 2:35 p.m., and no major injuries were reported.
However, the accident did cause oil and gas to spill onto the roadway, and the Corpus Christi Fire Department is at the scene cleaning that up.
It is unclear when the lanes will open back up completely.
This is a developing story. 3NEWS will provide updates as we have them.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Anglers reel in massive 14-foot shark on Padre Island
- Trestle Trail, if approved, will connect the city's Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve, Flour Bluff
- NEW VIDEO: Port of Corpus Christi cameras catch crane failure near Whataburger Field
- Tesla breaks ground at new Robstown refinery
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.