CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Want the best view of the Wings Over South Texas airshow this weekend? USS Lexington has a spot for you!
The Blue Ghost is hosting a Flight Deck Flyover Watch Party that promises to put you right in the middle of the action.
"It's 52 feet from the waterline on the ship up to the flight deck, so we are in the flight path of the airshow and it is just this extreme amount of energy as you have these amazing aircraft just zooming by," Samantha Stemplinger, marketing director for the museum said. "The only thing closer would be actually to be in the aircraft."
The airshow is a popular event in Corpus Christi and caters to our large military community.
"It is so important to keep bringing the airshow back here every year," Steve Banta, executive director said. "The Wings Over South Texas airshow has got a great history with the Coastal Bend and that's because the military has a great history with the Coastal Bend."
Tickets are available for both days, May 6 and 7, and ticket prices range from $25 for military members with ID to $43.95 for non-member adults. Chairs and a meal will be provided with the ticket, as well as access to the museum.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi man kills parking attendant scammer, returns to date, police say
- President Joe Biden commutes Corpus Christi woman's drug sentence
- Crane used in Harbor Bridge Project catches fire, disrupts Corpus Christi Hooks game
- New technology helps police find, arrest man considered a 'public threat'
- Padre Island residents want reasoning for high appraisal values
- Here's when you can watch the 2023 solar eclipse over Corpus Christi
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.