CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Its been part of the North Beach landscape for 30 years, and this year -- our very own USS Lexington is celebrating her birthday.
The ship reopened as a museum in 1992, and will be offering admission at seven dollars a person starting next week.
Marketing Director of the USS Lexington Samantha Koepp-Stemplinger said the ship is partnering with the five surrounding museums downtown.
"It's a great way to experience a little bit of everything in our city, and at the same time you get a great discount," she said.
The partnership includes the following:
- Texas State Aquarium
- South Texas Botanical Gardens
- Art Museum of South Texas
- Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
Anyone that has a membership for any of the participating attractions can get half off admission price at any of the other five participating attractions.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Truck carrying forklift slams into overpass on Harbor Bridge ramp, causing damage to bridge
- South Texas teacher arrested on 5 felony counts for alleged improper relationship with student
- Desalination plant coming to Alice in 2024
- Here's a timeline of recent water-main breaks
- Flour Bluff ISD now also offers dinner to its community, students
- Jimmy Kimmel invites Jason Grosboll, aka 'Popcorn Guy', to Oscars
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Put your name and contact information below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.