CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A Harlingen man died Thursday morning after crashing his car south of Robstown.
DPS officers said they believe Marco Antonio Tabasco was speeding on Hwy. 77 at around 12:15 a.m. and drove off the road. Trying to get back onto the highway, he overcorrected his Honda Civic and was sent into a skid into a construction site.
He was thrown from the car and died at the scene.
DPS said the investigation is ongoing.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Dashcam catches head-on crash with wrong-way driver on Holly Road
- WEATHER BLOG: When does the first Fall cold front arrive in Corpus Christi?
- 'They are felony charges': Beeville teen locked up for making prank call to 911 about a school threat
- 'Not a non-stop yet': Corpus Christi airport now has direct, but not non-stop, flights to Denver
- 'Decades of neglect': How Corpus Christi leaders are responding to awful street conditions
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.