CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A simple carwash turned into something unexpected when surveillance video from a south side carwash shows a man using his cell phone to record a woman vacuuming her car without her noticing.
The woman had her back turned while climbing into the back seat of her car and was being filmed for more than eight minutes by the stranger until she noticed him.
"Are you videoing me? Get the heck out of here," said carwash patron Taera McWha.
She then proceeded to notify the staff of the car wash, and the man sped off quickly. Alexander Lugo, Assistant Manager of Go Car Wash said that customer safety is his top priority.
"I don't condone any of that stuff, I do watch around," Lugo said. "We have plenty of cameras and if I do see something like that, I will act on it."
McWha said she's thankful for the local business who keep a close eye on their customers and said the part that upsets her the most is not knowing the strangers intentions.
"He could have stolen my purse, assaulted me, I'm glad my children weren't in the car," McWha said. "I don't know its an eye opening situation for me."
The incident took place in broad daylight with other cars nearby, and serves as a reminder to always be aware of your surroundings.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Brandon Portillo, man accused of causing crash that killed CCPD officer, found guilty
- Purple flag warning still in effect, venomous sea life poses threat to beachgoers
- Turning trash into treasure: Meet the Island resident who's making works of art from what she finds on the beach
- Report: Gov. Abbott's enhanced border inspections cost Texas, U.S. billions
- Corpus Christi residents expected to see property tax increase
- 'After hours' Goodwill donations dumped in parking lot create challenges for neighboring business owner
- Rare sea slugs called blue dragons wash up near Bob Hall Pier
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.