The frantic call of a mother whose child has just been abducted -- that's how prosecutors opened Wednesday's courtroom proceedings as Eric Dimick went on trial.

Dimick is the third and final defendant in a high-profile abduction and sexual assault trial. He and two others are accused of kidnapping and raping an 11-year old girl in December of 2012.

Just as it was for the previous trials of Jacob Musich and Colton Visor, Dimick's trial began emotionally charged and full of graphic detail.

There were objections from defense attorney Ken Botary, who did not want television cameras present during the trial. At one point, Botary told the judge he was going to throw the media microphones from the podium to the floor if and when the time came to make an opening statement.

The judge denied Botary's request to ban cameras, and the trial began with the chilling 911 calls from the terrified mother of the victim.

"Someone just took my daughter," the victim's mother said to the 911 dispatcher. "My son and daughter were taking my dog for a walk. He said an SUV came and took my daughter."

The 11-year old girl was abducted off a southside street just a couple days after Christmas in 2012.

According to prosecutors, Dimick did not take part in the sexual assault, but did play a big role in snatching the little girl off the sidewalk, right in front of her 13-year old brother.

"You're going to hear testimony that, though only one of them sexually assaulted her, that another one of them drove the car and another was the first to put his hands on her," prosecutor Kimberly Gonzalez said. "So what the evidence is going to show you is that all three of these defendants took part in this heinous act."

The prosecution had a half-dozen witnesses sworn in by 319th District Court Judge David Stith. Among them was John DuPont, the man who found the 11-year old girl on a desolate stretch of road on Padre Island. DuPont told jurors that he let the child use his phone to call her mother.

"She was walking back and forth in the street, telling her mom, 'They hurt me. They hurt me. They hurt me,'" DuPont said. "And she just kept walking back and forth. Finally, I told her to walk on the other side of the truck so she wouldn't get hit, in case a car would come by."

The entire ordeal, from the moment the child was snatched off the southside street to the moment she was found by the good samaritan on the Island, lasted about an hour and a half. Prosecutors said during that time, the child's life was torn to shreds.

Two young men sit in prison for that crime, and prosecutors want to send a third to join them. The trial of Eric Dimick continues on Thursday.