CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Following a perfect 6-0 conference record, the Islanders added another dub to the books.
The team is hosting the Connie and Jay Wise Islander Classic.
TAMUCC v. Stephen F. Austin:
-off the top-from the freshman, Kristin Bobay from the block to a point.
-Then some more of that defensive greatness. Dual, Chloe Tome and Bobay not giving up on the play. Point Islanders.
-From the serve, Giuliana Corrales with the point.
The squad put away the Stephen F. Austin 'Jacks in a 3-2 final. They're not 1-0 in the tournament.
Head Coach Gale Stammer told 3News, in the programs three-year history, the stubborn south Texas wind has been contributing to their success.
"It's pretty windy down here and we play in the wind a lot and we had an advantage," Stammer said. "I feel like whenever we play in tough winds, we somewhat have an advantage because we're used to it. I feel like we played really strong and aggressive against SFA. They came out and played aggressive as well."
The team is back in the sand on Saturday, April 1st at 9 a.m. against HCU and 1 p.m. against Texas A&M University-Kingsville at Water's Edge Park.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Carrington gets over 11 years in federal prison for robbing bank at gunpoint during crime spree
- Five projects approved for Downtown Corpus Christi including luxury bar, hotel
- Stash house bust uncovers almost $1M worth of illegal drugs, weapons, armor-piercing bullets in Portland
- Corpus Christi man indicted for selling fentanyl-laced pills that killed someone, federal officials say
- Critically missing 5-year-old found in Corpus Christi crawl space after being taken by parents
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.