AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: Ticket prices listed in this article are as of Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019. Exact prices may be subject to change.
Texas versus Oklahoma is one of the premier college football games all year long and its ticket prices show it.
If you haven't already purchased tickets to the AT&T Red River Showdown, don't be surprised to pay a pretty penny for a seat. According to SeatGeek, the average ticket price for the game is approximately $542. This is the most demand seen SeatGeek has seen for either team and for the Cotton Bowl since it started tracking the secondary market in 2010, the company said.
As of Wednesday, the cheapest ticket available on SeatGeek was $306 on the Texas side and $314 on the Oklahoma side, the company told KVUE. These are for seats in the upper deck, too.
To snag a seat near the 50-yard line runs anywhere from $700 to upwards of $2,000.
There are more ticket-buying services than SeatGeek, however. So, KVUE looked at ticket prices for the AT&T Red River Showdown on other credible ticket-buying websites like StubHub and Vivid Seats.
As of Wednesday, the cheapest ticket price on StubHub was $308.75. The cheapest price found on Vivid Seats was $333. The highest price listed on StubHub costs $2,060 for a lower-level seat in section six along the 50-yard line. The highest listed price on Vivid Seats is a lower level seat in section seven, which costs $1,295. Vivid Seat's average ticket price lies at $468, according to company officials. SeatGeek's highest listed ticket price is also in section six, which costs nearly $1,900. These are all as of early afternoon on Wednesday.
Using SeatGeek's metrics since 2010, these are the top five hottest games for either team based on average ticket prices:
- 2019 AT&T Red River Showdown – Texas vs. Oklahoma ($542)
- 2018 Rose Bowl (College Football Playoff Semifinal) – Oklahoma vs. Georgia ($418)
- 2013 Cotton Bowl (AT&T Stadium) – Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M ($409)
- 2018 AT&T Red River Showdown – Texas vs. Oklahoma ($388)
- 2011 Battle of Bedlam – Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State ($365)
This game is also the hottest ticket to the AT&T Red River Showdown since SeatGeek started tracking the secondary market in 2010, the company said:
(AVERAGE TICKET PRICE)
- 2019 AT&T Red River Showdown: $542
- 2011 AT&T Red River Showdown: $459
- 2010 AT&T Red River Showdown: $409
- 2018 AT&T Red River Showdown: $388
- 2017 AT&T Red River Showdown: $322
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: