CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Christus Spohn Lyceum is a call for the community to become champions of charity; and boy, do they have the guy to make that call.
The Christus Spohn Foundation announced that Super Bowl XLIV MVP and former New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees will speak at the 2023 Christus Spohn Lyceum.
The proceeds of this year's event will go toward the expansion of the Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi–South Emergency Department. According to Spohn, the expansion would see the department triple in size, so as to better meet the needs of the Coastal Bend.
The Christus Spohn Lyceum will take place on April 14 at the American Bank Center and begin with a reception at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m.
Individual guests and potential sponsors are encouraged to register for limited seating online at this link here.
Further information, sponsorship opportunities and updates about the Christus Spohn Lyceum can also be found at this link here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- New STAAR test moves online, removes promotion requirement and some stress for parents, students
- Yes, Donald Trump is the first former president to be indicted
- Carrington gets over 11 years in federal prison for robbing bank at gunpoint during crime spree
- Five projects approved for Downtown Corpus Christi including luxury bar, hotel
- Stash house bust uncovers almost $1M worth of illegal drugs, weapons, armor-piercing bullets in Portland
- Corpus Christi man indicted for selling fentanyl-laced pills that killed someone, federal officials say
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for your daily news and exclusive extended interviews.
Do you have a news tip? Tell 3!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.