CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Tuloso-Midway baseball coach Todd Akers was blindsided last week with a diagnosis of stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer and his family is asking for South Texas's help.
The 56-year-old Akers and his wife Estrella have a son Dylan due to be born next month. Akers' older son TJ is an assistant under him with the Warriors and he posted a GoFundMe link earlier this week that's already raised over $2,000.
TJ says he knows he hopes the treatment can give his family more time with his Dad including baby Dylan and Todd's grandchildren.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
- Recent survey says Corpus Christi is a 'hidden gem' for vacationing
- Artificial reefs in Rockport help improve the oyster recycling program
- Daughter of Hector P. Garcia voices concern over Senate Bill 3 which makes KKK, Civil Rights teachings non-mandatory
- Health District breaks down the 140+ COVID-19 breakthrough cases in Nueces County
- Mike Markle to return as Corpus Christi Chief of Police, mayor says