CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The TAAF Games have officially begun with several sports getting underway across Corpus Christi.
One of the events that always draws a huge amount of talent is track and field and those athletes were certainly braving the heat out at Cabaniss. We checked out the junior division pole vaulters from across the state competing Thursday afternoon.
Track and field and swimming are always the two biggest sports that are both going on for all four days. Several others like boxing, flag football, beach volleyball and disc golf will all start Saturday.
Here is the schedule for events:
Friday, July 30
Saturday, July 31
Sunday, August 1
- Recent survey says Corpus Christi is a 'hidden gem' for vacationing
- Artificial reefs in Rockport help improve the oyster recycling program
- Daughter of Hector P. Garcia voices concern over Senate Bill 3 which makes KKK, Civil Rights teachings non-mandatory
- Health District breaks down the 140+ COVID-19 breakthrough cases in Nueces County
- Mike Markle to return as Corpus Christi Chief of Police, mayor says