CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Heads up drivers!
Motorists can expect temporary ramp and lane closures during the week of Oct. 11th to Oct 15th. on sections of the SH 358.
Closures include the eastbound exit ramp to Everhart Road, eastbound main lanes, and the eastbound Kostoryz Road entrance ramp.
Details on the closures are as follows:
Eastbound Mainlane Closures
- 9 p.m. Monday (10/11) to 6 a.m. Tuesday (10/12):All eastbound SH 358 mainlanes will be closed at Weber Road for barrier work on the eastbound mainlanes.
- Eastbound SH 358 drivers can exit at Weber and re-enter the mainlanes after Everhart Road.
- The eastbound entrance ramp from Kostoryz will also be closed during this time. Drivers may enter the eastbound SH 358 mainlanes after Weber.
- Tuesday (10/12) and Wednesday (10/13), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. BOTH NIGHTS: The left two eastbound mainlanes from Carroll Lane to Weber will be closed for barrier work. The right mainlane will remain open.
Eastbound Everhart Exit Ramp Closures
- Tuesday (10/12) and Wednesday (10/13), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EACH DAY: Eastbound Everhart exit ramp closed for pavement work. Eastbound motorists may use the Weber exit ramp as an alternative exit.
Meanwhile, recurring closures are planned for the week:
SH 358 Eastbound Frontage Road
- Daytime and nighttime single-lane closures will continue on the eastbound frontage road at various locations between Ayers Street and Airline Road. Driveway access to all businesses and properties will always remain open.
SH 358 Turnarounds
- The SH 358 eastbound-to-westbound frontage road turnarounds at Staples Street will have small daytime and nighttime closures as needed for overpass widening work. Drivers may instead make left turns at the intersection which will remain open.
- Until further notice: The SH 358 westbound-to-eastbound frontage road turnaround at Staples will remain closed daily and nightly for overpass widening work. Drivers may instead make left turns at the intersection which will remain open.
All work is weather permitting. Lane closures are subject to change without notice.
For more information on the SH 358 Ramp Reversal Project, motorists are encouraged to follow TxDOT Corpus Christi District’s Twitter feed, @TxDOT_Corpus, and/or visit the project webpage at TxDOT.gov (keyword search “SH 358 Reconstruction”) for project information and to subscribe to email updates.
For more information, contact Rickey.Dailey@TxDOT.gov or (361) 808-2544.
An archive of previous SH 358 lane closure and construction updates can be found here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Beeville man confesses to killing high school students' livestock in Mathis
- Here's one spooky display in Corpus Christi you don't want to miss
- Coastal Bend residents gather for women's rights rally, voicing concerns regarding abortion laws
- Health officials confirm COVID-19 related death of boy under 10 years old in Nueces County
- Prisoner transport bus overturns near George West, several injuries reported
- Why it's more important than ever to get the flu shot this year
- Grab the family! CC Movie Nights at Whataburger Field is back