Tropical Storm Isaias hasn’t even made it through the Caribbean yet, but it already has another potential storm lurking behind it.
Thursday afternoon, The National Hurricane Center started tracking an area of disturbed weather off the western coast of Africa and labeled it Invest 93L.
The NHC gives Invest 93L a 50 percent chance of developing into a tropical cyclone over the next 48 hours.
If it does become a named storm, it will become Tropical Storm Josephine. The earliest Atlantic "J" storm on record is Tropical Storm Jose on August 22, 2005.
- Tropical Storm Isaias forms in the Caribbean, cone shifts slightly to the east
- Florida to close state-run COVID-19 testing sites due to tropical weather
- Here's how to make virtual learning successful
- President Trump floats idea of delaying the November election
- Another 253 Floridians have died from coronavirus
- Confirmed deaths from the coronavirus in the US hit 150,000
- More than half the inmates in Florida prison test positive for COVID-19
- Gov. DeSantis extends eviction, mortgage foreclosure moratorium to September
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter