ROCKPORT, Texas — It's prime season for the fall migration of the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds! Mid-September is a time when the birds travel from North America to Mexico, Costa Rica or even Panama. It's also a time when the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce hosts their annual celebration for the migration.
The birds typically try to go around the Gulf of Mexico and travel South along the Texas coast.
The hummingbirds spend the winter in Central America to get away from the cold season and avoid possible starvation.
The HummerBird Celebration is taking place Sept. 15 through Sept. 18. More information can be found here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- 'They are felony charges': Beeville teen locked up for making prank call to 911 about a school threat
- 'Not a non-stop yet': Corpus Christi airport now has direct, but not non-stop, flights to Denver
- Mosquito problems plague normally busy outdoor seating areas at Port Aransas restaurants
- 'Decades of neglect': How Corpus Christi leaders are responding to awful street conditions
- At least five incidents of guns on school campuses in the Coastal Bend this school year so far
- Corpus Christi program that serves people with special needs has equipment stolen
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.