CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — As summer break approaches, many kids are eager to spend more time outdoors.
They will have the perfect opportunity at the South Texas Botanical Gardens and Nature Center's 'Young Explorers" summer camp, which is hosted annually.
The first sessions start in June, and thanks to a grant from Texas Texas Parks & Wildlife, 60 need-based scholarships will be made available for campers.
The camps are for kids ages 6 to 14 and each session is one week long.
For more information about the camps, including a detailed breakdown of each week, visit the Botanical Gardens' website here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- What would you do? Video footage from southside carwash shows man recording woman without her knowledge
- Hamlin Fountain & Gifts set to close after 62 years of business
- Spanish explorer traveling the world by Jet Ski makes stop in Rockport
- Brandon Portillo, man accused of causing crash that killed CCPD officer, found guilty
- Purple flag warning still in effect, venomous sea life poses threat to beachgoers
- Rare sea slugs called blue dragons wash up near Bob Hall Pier
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.