CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Calallen Lady Cats took the field Saturday morning in the state championship game against the Liberty Lady Panthers.
The game was moved up to 11:00 a.m. to try and beat some thunderstorms, but the clouds moved in and caused a two-hour delay.
The cats would strike first and take a three nothing lead in the top of the third, but liberty would come back and take a four to three lead in the bottom half of the inning.
The cats couldn’t make a comeback in the end. They come up short losing to Liberty by a score of 10 to 3. Congratulations on a well-played season to the lady cats from Calallen.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.