KINGSVILLE, Texas — Former US Intelligence Analyst, Reality Winner, is back home in Kingsville after being released from federal prison. Winner is home on house arrest.
Back in 2018, the native South Texan pleaded guilty to a charge of espionage and was sentenced to five years. She served three years in federal prison before being released earlier this month for good behavior.
The 29-year-old Air Force veteran made national headlines in 2017 when she was accused of leaking secrets while at the Naval Air Station.
Officials said that Winner shared a report with an online news outlet regarding Russian hacking attempts that targeted US voter registration information.
Winner's mother, Billie J. Winner-Davis, tweeted the news:
RELATED: Documentary profiles former Air Force Intelligence Specialist who pleaded guilty for leaking documents pertaining to the 2016 presidential election
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Corpus Christi PD: Officer shoots man during struggle after alleged catalytic converter theft attempt
- Lucky fisherman reels in two tagged red fishes as part of the CCA tournament
- No fireworks allowed, but you might see some light shows courtesy of bioluminescence at Padre Island National Seashore
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.